Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Week 3

All these weeks are definitely blurring together for me.  Luckily I have taken about 800 pictures of my little nugget, and those are helping to remind me of all the fun things that have happened so far.  Week 3 was when John was back at work full time in the office, so I was at home with Elsa most days.  She started napping during the day for a decent amount of time, which gave me a little personal time so I could eat breakfast and shower before 5pm.  We went for walks in the park, and Elsa spent a lot of time in her swing and bouncy chair.  We hired a photographer to come over and take her newborn photos, which she slept through and was such a ham for the camera.  We even had our first Skype date with Grinny and Grampy!  Towards the end of the week, Elsa got to meet two more of my good friends, Morgan and Melissa.  We went out to lunch, and celebrated Elsa's first lunch date with cocktails (for the adults only of course).  John and I also took Elsa to Hoboken for brunch one day, and showed her the NYC skyline. It was so hot outside but she was a trooper and slept most of the time, even as we walked in and out of baby stores just to enjoy the AC. And last but certainly not least, we celebrated Johns first Father's Day with a picnic in the park, under a big tree.  Elsa loves her daddy so much and she even decorated her nursery with little notes about all her favorite things to do with him.

newborn photo shoot
family selfie
Daddy and Elsa, both opened mouth
picnic in the park for Father's Day

Visit from Morgan and Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment